Welcome to grade 6 with Mr. Steltman, this year is going to be exciting, and scary, and new, and different, and fun, and frustrating, and many more things. This year is going to challenge you and help you as grow into the teenagers and adults that you are going to be.
As your teacher during this time, I want to promise you a few things:
- I promise I will listen to you
- I promise I will trust you
- I promise to see you in a positive light and focus on your strengths
- I promise to help you develop your weaknesses
- I promise to push you towards being an independent learner
- I promise to put heart and soul into my lessons and delivery
- I promise to teach to the best of my ability
- I promise to try make learning engaging and inspiring
I am so excited for this year and for the chance to work and learn with each other. As your homework this week, please read this letter with your parents and in the comment section, make three promises to the class. We will read these together.